
Greenville Yacht Club is a welcome stop on the Mississippi River. The people are so sweet you think they are up to something. But they aren't, they are just nice and helpful people.
The manager of the Yacht Club drives Josh to get the alternator checked out. She offers to drive him, she didn't want us to have to use a cab. See? Just helpful people. But, we stay mainly to ourselves because we were told "you don't want to go out at night." And "I suppose you already know who to stay away from, who not to mess with." Hmmm. In any case, Greenville the city isn't much to write home about . . . sorry Greenville.
The alternator ends up working like a champ - nothing is wrong with it. Josh has to investigate the engine and the wiring more intimately. Will and I play in the forward cabin while Josh has to open up the salon to find a possible super expensive needle in a haystack. It takes a few days, but Josh determines that the wiring is at fault. The battery selector that is on the breaker panel, and a logical choice to use, is essentially wired to nothing. Essentially, we had been on both batteries since we departed Memphis and it took two nights to drain them. The battery selector we were suppose to use is tucked up underneath the bench of the nav-station. Who knew?
Josh being the Renaissance man that he is, re-wired the batteries and battery selector so that it is all logical and makes sense. Whatta guy.
So now the alternator and the batteries are talking to one another. We check the weather for the next few days and it's not good. It is cold. We are tired of cold. We decide it is best to wait for warmer weather, which is forecasted for the weekend. Since we have a few more days, Josh installs a new fuel tank, works the radar into our GPS station and works on the automatic pilot. Whatta guy.
During our down-time, we explore the city. Which doesn't take too long. However, Greenville has so much potential . . . Josh and I see a parallel to Chattanooga.

We begin to explore the city.

The Yacht Club and its docks.

The Jubilee Casino - tied up to the Yacht Club.

The Lighthouse Casino - up river.
A tasty and well-priced cafe. They close at 3pm though!
Will humors his Mom with a smile.
Schelben Park - up the bank from the Yacht Club . . . and next to the dumpster of the casino.
Another way to have fun in the park .
A reminder of home while on our way to the laundromat. (It was in the sidewalk).




1 comment:
Jess and Josh (and Will!)
Your Aunt Renate and I are so jealous! What a great adventure. The only time I've seen the Mississippi is from driving over it!
Of course if I did this, I'd probably get seasick. Being an old AF guy, I prefer to be in the air instead of on the water.
You guys keep safe out there and be sure to keep sending us updates.
Do you have Sharla's email? I'm sure she'd like to see this.
Uncle Jeff and Aunt Renate
Post a Comment