So we hopped the pond on the 28th of February to Slidell, LA. We decided to stay at Bayou Bon Fouca - definitely different from New Orleans, but really neat! A cold front was coming through, and I was a little under the weather so the pressure difference was exemplified in my ears; luckily we were able to out-run it!! Josh is a great captain and steared us wonderfully.
Some waves we ran into.
Our first mate and great helper. Will did great - he loves the wind in his hair.
Here is the mouth of the Bayou - Lake Pontchatrain is beyond.
We get to see an alligator our second day at the marina. We were told that when the water goes down, the gators come out to warm up. Apparently this is a small gator, 6 feet or so in length, and at night the big ones come out, about 14 feet or more in length. I was excited about exploring the Bayou with Josh and Will in our dinghy, but now I'm not so sure . . . .
The alligator close up - I think the reflection is nice.
1 comment:
Aw, Will. Keep him away from those gators. I want to see a picture of the new name on the boat!
Post a Comment